TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COVID-19 TESTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- THESE TERMS
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply Covid-19 PCR tests.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your booking to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are The Guildhall Practice Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 06923668 and our registered office is at 265b Alcester Road South, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 6DT.
- We are a listed Private Covid-19 Provider on the U.K Government List.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0121 441 2626 or by writing to us at 265B Alcester Road South, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14 6DT. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and our website is at www.theguildhallpractice.co.uk
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your booking.
- OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
How you will make your booking. To book an appointment, please go to www.theguildhallpractice.co.uk and follow the process for choosing an appointment type, date, location and time.
- How we will accept your booking. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your booking. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for any services undertaken.
- REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Eligibility. For more guidance on testing requirements and eligibility, please see the information at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- Booking form. To complete your booking you must fill out our booking form. The link will be provided to you in your confirmation email. You must fill this out before you attend your appointment. We will use these details to contact you and they will form part of your test results certificate. Please check that you have entered the information correctly.
- What to bring to your appointment. You will need to bring your passport or photo ID. Other information such as where to meet your practitioner and how to prepare for the test will be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
- CHANGING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If you wish to make a change to your booking, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price and date of your booking or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see Clause 8 – Your rights to end the contract).
- OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- Minor changes to the services. We may change the services:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
- More significant changes to the services. If we make any significant changes such as closing a venue or removing certain tests we will notify you and you may then contact us to cancel any booking before the changes take effect. You will receive a refund for any services paid for but not received:
- PROVIDING THE SERVICES
- When we will provide the services. When we confirm your booking, we will confirm the date of your appointment.
- Taking the test. Our role is to facilitate the test and our assistance is limited to (i) giving you verbal instructions to carry out the test yourself, and (ii) supporting you by conducting the test if we feel that this will improve the accuracy of the test. We will then send the test to a third party laboratory and we will contact you with your test results
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us? We need certain information from you so that we can supply the services to you. This is set out in the booking form and further details form emailed to you when you confirm your booking. If you do not provide us with this information before your appointment, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we cannot carry out the services and will end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply). We will not be responsible for supplying the services late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of services to you. We may have to suspend the supply of the services to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the services as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6 above).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of services. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the services, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the services that we have been unable to supply
- We may also suspend supply of the services if you do not pay. If you do not pay for the services when you are supposed to (see clause 12.2) and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the services until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the services.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what services you have paid for, whether there is anything wrong with the services, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have paid for is mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the services, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.6.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services that have not been provided. The reasons for ending the contract are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the services or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.1);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the services you have booked and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the services for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most services bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
- How long do I have to change my mind? You have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your booking. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for services not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) £50 as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 0121 441 2626 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the booking and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the services by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- Cancellation Fee. If you cancel your appointment there will be a £20 cancellation charge. If you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice, we will charge you a £50 cancellation fee.
- OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract and not provide the services if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
- you do not come to your appointment with the information we have requested; or
- we discover that you have not complied with the eligibility requirements.
- We may withdraw the services. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to withdraw the provision of the services. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the services and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for services which will not be provided.
- IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICES
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the services. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
For services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
b) If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
c) If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price for the services. The price of the services will be the price indicated on our website when you made your booking.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Mastercard, Visa Credit and Visa Debit cards.
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are not responsible for the accuracy or results of your test. We will not be held liable for losses, costs, damage that you suffer or incur as a result of any delays in receiving test results or as a result of inconclusive test results.
- We are not responsible for you meeting the current requirements of the UK and foreign governments regarding travel.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the including the right to receive services which are: as described and match information we provided to you; supplied with reasonable skill and care;
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for domestic and private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we may use your personal information. We will only use your personal information as set out on our website at www.theguildhallpractice.co.uk.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts.