GUILDHALL GDPR POLICY
TESTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR)
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Guildhall practice follows strict rules called ‘data protection principles.
The GHP ensures that client information is used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- Used only for specified, explicit purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, clients of the GHP have the right to find out what information is being stored about them.
This includes the right to:
- be informed about how their data is being used
- access their own personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of their data
- data portability (allowing acquire and reuse data for different services)
- object to how their data is processed in certain circumstances
While using Our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
Use of your personal data
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your booking details.
- For the performance of a contract: the compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the services purchased
- To contact You: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends.
Retention of Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the GHP central offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Disclosure of personal information
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of personal data
The security of your personal data is important to the GHP, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data i.e. two way verification for all employees, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed information on the usage of your personal data
The Service Providers we use may have access to your personal data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
Payment for services provided
We provide paid services. In this case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of your GDPR data protection rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, we will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.